Health and Wellness Consultations with Chris Masterjohn, PhD
If you would like to work directly with me so I can help you figure out ways to improve your health and wellness, this is where you get started.
WHAT I CAN DO FOR YOU
I have a PhD in Nutritional Sciences, and I love teaching, helping, and empowering people. Here’s what I can do and would love to do for you:
- Help you develop actionable priorities and an overall strategy for improving your health.
- Discuss your experiences with you and suggest useful tests that you could ask your doctor about.
- Analyze the results of genetic tests, digital food logs, and nutrient and blood measurements for markers of health and nutritional status. I can then use these analyses to suggest practical strategies that you could implement with proper supervision of a health care professional.
I am not a medical doctor or a health care practitioner, so here’s what I can’t do and what I can do instead:
I CAN'T ORDER TESTS FOR YOU.
- What I can do instead: suggest tests that your doctor can order and companies that will provide physician authorization signatures themselves.
I CAN'T DIAGNOSE YOU WITH A DISEASE.
- What I can do instead: discuss, in an educational nature, the possible ways to look for diseases.
I CAN'T TREAT ANY DISEASE YOU MAY HAVE.
- What I can do instead: discuss, in an educational nature, the possible ways to prevent, mitigate, or treat a disease.
I CAN'T BILL YOUR INSURANCE.
- I will provide you with a receipt for your payment, but these consultations are not therapeutic in nature and your health insurance will not cover them.
I am passionate about helping you in the best way possible, so here’s what I won’t do and what I will do instead:
I won’t analyze your whole genome and give you a list of supplements to take or design your whole diet around your genome. Why? Because I don’t believe that this works, and I will only help you in ways I believe are truly effective.
- What I will do instead: look at specific genes when we have good reason to believe looking at them would help you meet your health goals. When used in a targeted way as part of the bigger picture, this can be very useful.
I won’t sell you supplements or give you advice that directly earns me a commission.
- What I will do instead: discuss supplements and dietary approaches that might be useful, and help you decide what would be the most cost-effective options to meet your goals.