Health and Wellness Consultations with Chris Masterjohn, PhD
If you would like to work directly with me so I can help you figure out ways to improve your health and wellness, this is where you get started.
WHAT I CAN DO FOR YOU
I will be your data analyst, your consultant, and your strategist. I am not a health care provider or a coach.
I have a PhD in Nutritional Sciences, and I love teaching, helping, and empowering people. Here’s what I can do and would love to do for you:
- Help you develop actionable priorities and an overall strategy for improving your health.
- Discuss your experiences with you and suggest useful tests that you could ask your doctor about.
- Analyze the results of genetic tests, digital food logs, and nutrient and blood measurements for markers of health and nutritional status. I can then use these analyses to suggest practical strategies that you could implement with proper supervision of a health care professional.
I am not a medical doctor or a health care practitioner, so here’s what I can’t do and what I can do instead:
I CAN'T ORDER TESTS FOR YOU.
- What I can do instead: suggest tests that your doctor can order and companies that will provide physician authorization signatures themselves.
I CAN'T DIAGNOSE YOU WITH A DISEASE.
- What I can do instead: discuss, in an educational nature, the possible ways to look for diseases.
I CAN'T TREAT ANY DISEASE YOU MAY HAVE.
- What I can do instead: discuss, in an educational nature, the possible ways to prevent, mitigate, or treat a disease.
I CAN'T BILL YOUR INSURANCE.
- I will provide you with a receipt for your payment, but these consultations are not therapeutic in nature and your health insurance will not cover them.
I am passionate about helping you in the best way possible, so here’s what I won’t do and what I will do instead:
I won’t analyze your whole genome and give you a list of supplements to take or design your whole diet around your genome. Why? Because I don’t believe that this works, and I will only help you in ways I believe are truly effective.
- What I will do instead: look at specific genes when we have good reason to believe looking at them would help you meet your health goals. When used in a targeted way as part of the bigger picture, this can be very useful.
I won’t sell you supplements or give you advice that directly earns me a commission.
- What I will do instead: discuss supplements and dietary approaches that might be useful, and help you decide what would be the most cost-effective options to meet your goals.
Here's What My Clients Say About Me
What It Costs
Each one-hour session costs $450. If you would like to assign me data to review before the call, this is billed as an additional service. Review of several pages of isolated labs counts as an additional 20-minute session, and review of one or more full panels (such as a Genova ION panel), or review of labs in situations where you have unusual difficult-to-solve issues that you want me to spend time thinking about, counts as a full session.
Save Money and Reserve Limited Spots by Buying a Package
I am best able to help most of my clients when they schedule appointments three or four months apart. This allows us to develop a strategy, follow through on an actionable plan, generate new data from labs or from personal experience, and then discuss the results and revise the action plan at the next appointment.
If you are confident that you will use my services in this way, or at least that you will use my services on more than one occasion, you can save money and reserve the spots you need by buying a package.
There are two package options. The standard package costs $999.99 and saves $200, while the premium package costs $1499.99 and saves $300. The packages allow you to mix-and-match services that amount to a specific dollar value. For example, the $1499.99 package allows you to mix-and-match any $1800 of value. Similarly, the $999.99 package allows you to mix-and-match any $1200 of value in whatever combination you want.